A person and a gadget cannot understand each other if they do not exchange information. Without data input, the processor will not understand the task; without a monitor, a person will not see the result of its implementation. Commands can be entered using the keyboard or touchscreen. In a car, it is easier to use the second type, which is also called a 9 inch monitor.
For those who live in a car
If you spend a lot of time on wheels (voluntarily or not), the level of comfort in the cabin, among other things, is determined by the presence of a monitor. This is a window to the outside world, on a par with car windows. These gadgets aren’t only for entertainment.
- The parking monitor is paired with a rear-view camera, which either comes with the monitor or is purchased separately. For the convenience of the driver, the parking process is displayed on the screen. If you have problems with determining the distance to the obstacle, it’s better to choose a model with a parking scheme on the picture.
- An entertainment car monitor is preferable to a television type. It is equipped with a tuner that aids in channel searching, just like a telescopic antenna. Headphones and accessories are included with some car TVs.
- Multimedia entertainment monitors are similar in purpose to television ones, but are multifunctional. Devices of this type are equipped with a player and built-in lighting. They have several outputs and readers designed for memory cards. It’s better to take a multimedia entertainment monitor, which comes with a remote control.
The diagonal of the screen depends on the installation location of the monitor.
Where can you install the auto monitor?
- The parking monitor is often attached to the rear-view mirror. This is convenient: when reverse gear is activated, the camera is on too, and the device helps when parking. Auto monitors of this type work from the cigarette lighter. The maximum screen diagonal of such models is 5 inches. Therefore, if you want a large device, then you should look at the monitors that are installed on the front of the car.
- Both parking and television models can be installed on the dashboard. The average diagonal of such devices is 9 inches. Such car monitors work from the on-board network or from a conventional outlet (220 V).
- If you need a car TV for rear seat passengers, then installed on the headrest of the front seat device will be more practical. The maximum screen diagonal is 11 inches.
- The most dimensional structures are mounted on the ceiling. Their diagonal can reach 19 inches. These monitors are installed in sightseeing buses or executive cars.
Most companies that sell car monitors (including Beetronics) have in their assortment all the named types and screen sizes.Beetronics is known for its versatile monitors and top-notch touchscreens. Various industries implement their display solutions due to high quality the company provides. In case you are looking for one, get in touch with them – and they’ll get you covered.
Where there is convenience, there is danger.
The main plus of the touch screen is that it can accommodate serious functionality for controlling various car systems. Thus, designers save space, and at the same time money, because the production of physical keys and switches is much more expensive.
When minor functions are adjusted using the touch screen, there are no questions about such a decision. It is better to set up the bass in the multimedia system in the parking lot. So, the sound is heard better, and it’s safer.
However, many manufacturers follow the fashion and transfer almost all the functionality of car control to the screens. For some models, you can adjust the heating or ventilation of the seats, change the climate settings in the cabin only from the screen on the central panel. In this case, the driver is constantly distracted from the road.
And not just distracted, but begins to look for a long time where to press to turn off the steering wheel heating, and then change the radio station settings. Instead of spending fractions of seconds on these operations without taking their eyes off the road, a person is staring at the monitor, which is fraught with an accident.
The solution to the problem of visibility is to use 3D glasses while driving. Honeywell has tested a system that implements “virtual window” technology on an ATV. A speed of 60 km/h was reached at which the pilot was completely oriented in space due to external cameras transmitting images to virtual reality glasses. According to the test rider, the ride was a success and the handling was no different from driving a car with windows.
Closed and open monitors
All monitors can be divided into:
- standing always open
- with a closed screen
The first are both removable (placed on the dashboard, they can be turned off and carried away), and fixed (mounted in the interior of the car).
Closed monitors are divided into retractable ones, which leave the center console and hide again at the end of work, as well as those that open like a laptop — they are placed in the car on the ceiling.
On yachts, such monitors are mounted on a table, which requires a “picture flip” function.
On-board computer face
A modern car video system is a multimedia complex that combines entertainment, information, communication and control functions. In its equipment, the system provides the following:
- watching video
- reception of television and radio broadcasts
- listening to audio with frequency scale display
- connecting a gadget to access the Internet via cable or Bluetooth
- the presence of GPS navigation, which can be built-in
Being integrated into the electronics of the car, the multimedia complex allows to display data on the status and operation of the car’s systems, as well as the image from the rear-view camera, on the monitor in a form that is convenient for perception. In this case, the touch screen can act as an interface, controlling climate control, heated seats, radio, etc.